Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Ballad of Huell Howser

Huell Howser, the host of the public television series "California's Gold," left behind a wealth of material when he donated the entire 18-season run of his state travelogue series to Chapman University in Orange County. And as noted fans of HowserVery sad day, my family and I loved Huell Howser and "California's Gold". Cold Springs Tavern, Catalina, Fort Tejon, Pinks and all the other places we journey'd to as a result of watching his show has made our lives richer.I grew up on Huell Howser, following him from Nashville, where I watched him on the local news, to Los Angeles where he opened a whole new world for me with his reports on California's treasures. Once I met him in Lucy's El Adobe, a Hollywood eateryAs the world learns of the death of Huell Howser, endearing tributes and praise for the incomparable cultural figure have flooded the

Read more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment